How To Buy Used Cardio
It’s not always easy to go outside and get in some cardio. Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night might keep the mailman home, but they can certainly lead to a skipped run or ride for the rest of us. That’s when it’s nice to have some indoor cardio equipment at home.
Your local gym probably has row upon row of excellent cardio equipment—treadmills, elliptical trainers, and spin bikes—from the biggest names in the business—Precor, Cybex, Stairmaster, and Star Trac. There’s a few reasons for this. The companies making this equipment have spent millions developing best-in-class cardio equipment. These machines have the most options, the latest programs, and the highest reliability around.
If you’re a gym owner, you want top-of-the-line cardio equipment because your customers enjoy using it and it almost never breaks down. The more your customers enjoy using the equipment in your facility, the more they use it, which means better results and they keep coming back. The less time you have to spend fixing equipment, the more time it’s available for your customers. Everybody’s happy. It’s a win-win.
Unless you’re considering a piece of cardio equipment for your home gym. Then you run into two basic problems. These commercial machines cost thousands of dollars; some even well above $10,000! So you end up shopping “light commercial” or “residential” cardio equipment. These machines are much more affordable, but they lack the features and—more importantly—the reliability of their commercial counterparts.
It’s can be frustrating to know your budget limits you to lesser equipment.
This is where we can help. Christian’s Fitness Factory (CFF) started out selling used fitness equipment. Back in 2005, Christian himself bought used equipment, cleaned it up real nice, then sold it to budget-conscious people around town. Over time, he earned a reputation for delivering great quality and exceptional value. The rest, as they say, is history.
Today, we have our own line of new fitness and strength equipment, but we haven’t forgot where we came from. Our buyers carefully source the best used cardio equipment—just-off-lease and ready for new owners—50-75% off new retail prices, with the best warranties in the business. Equipment like the following:
- Precor AMT & EFX ellipticals, TRM treadmills, CLM climbers, RBK, & UBK bikes
- Star Trac Spinner, Blade, Pro, & NXT spin bikes
- Stairmaster Stair Climbers & Stepmills
- Cybex ARC Trainers & treadmills
Our pre-owned commercial cardio inventory is constantly changing, but we make a point of offering these top-of-the-line machines at a variety of price points to enable as many people as possible the opportunity to own reliable, commercial-rated cardio—without the risk of getting a clunker from a less-than-reputable reseller. Which is right for you?
- Just-off-lease, cleaned & functional – Our least expensive price point, for folks who don’t mind a machine that looks a little rough around the edges, but still works perfectly. (Or are comfortable rolling up their sleeves and investing a little elbow grease to get things perfect.) Cleaned and tested top to bottom, with a basic, 30-day warranty.
- Cleaned & Serviced – Our most popular price point, for people who’d like a little more peace of mind (and a shinier piece of equipment). Each machine is fully disassembled, cleaned, tested, and common wear items are repaired or replaced. Comes with a 2-year warranty.
- Remanufactured – Everything we do with the Cleaned & Serviced machines, but with additional components replaced whether needed or not. Essentially, these are functionally brand new machines at half price (or less). And they come with 3-year warranties.
No matter which option you choose, your used commercial cardio equipment ships freight to your door, sealed in a custom crate, fully insured. Even at 50-75% off new prices, these machines represent significant investments. We treat them as such, from the way we select the units we’ll ultimately offer for sale, to the service we provide you down the road.
If you’re thinking about buying a treadmill, elliptical trainer, stepmill, or spin bike for your home or office, you have your reasons. It’s easier to get that workout in when you don’t have to go far—or out in the elements—to do so. But if you’re not careful, you could pay too much for a lesser piece of equipment (often with no aftermarket/parts support).
We want you to get the most for your hard-earned money and we want to ensure you have the best possible experience before, during, and after the sale. Our mission is a world where nothing stands in the way of a fitter you. We stand by that.